1/26/2012

Rimmel: Wake Me Up Foundation


Hey guys!

I've badly been wanting a new foundation, as both my go-to bases are on their last legs. I'm waiting until I'm in the airport in a month to stock up, but in the mean time, I wanted an inexpensive, but decent foundation.


Lo-and-behold, while popping into Boots in between lectures, I saw a strand of Rimmel's newest offering, Wake Me Up foundation. After a long, draining two weeks of essay deadlines, I needed a new alternative to guzzling coffee and covering my face with my hair. At an introductory price of €6.95, the usual RRP of €10.95 still won't break the bank. (I think it's an indication of how wrecked I am that I just typed PPR by accident.)




The packaging claims that it "visibly reawakens and illuminates skin, with a radiant glow and a flawless, natural-looking finish" and has an "anti-fatigue effect". Bring it on, I said. And did it?



I bought shade 103, True Ivory, as it was the palest shade. I'm pretty much ghostly, and sadly, it's a little too dark & yellow-toned for me currently. Taking into account that (a) my skin is a little paler than NC 15, and (b) I haven't seen the sun in quite a while, I think it should still suit most fair-skinned girls. I'm hopeful that it'll match my skin when it gets warmer, or at least with a hint of fake tan.

With flash


Without flash.


But otherwise, I think that this foundation pretty much delivers on its claims. My skin is dry/combination, but it applied miraculously. It doesn't cake or highlight any dry patches, and seemed to just hide all my pores. It makes my skin look dewy, which could be a problem for those with oily skin. I don't tend to apply foundation to my forehead, so I can't really comment on whether it's overly shiny. Of course, it's not a heavy coverage, which I like for during the day, but I still feel like I could wear this without concealer and powder, if in a rush.
So, would I recommend it? Yes. I don't think it's perfect for me, mostly down to my colouring, but I like the look of it, and for €10.95 for 30ml, it's a budget-friendly option for tired skin.


Chloe x

4 comments:

  1. I think you look cool with this foundation, at that price it is not bad at all ! I feel annoyed when I end up buying a color that doesn't suit me well, unfortunately it happened also with expensive foundations ! Kisses

    You're invited to enter my Valentine's giveaway to win 120$ gift certificate and tights on Romwe.com !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's such a brilliant foundation, so maybe it will work with a tan! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this foundation yesterday... and am so happy with it.. love your blog!
    I am your newest follower!
    xxx Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so surprised at how much it suited my skin type, usually foundation doesn't cover up imperfections so well! And no complaining about the price!
    Thank you, I've followed your blog too! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...