6/10/2012

Skittles Manicure

Hi there :)

After our quick burst of sunshine last week, I'm really hoping that Ireland doesn't get flooded at this stage. But even if the weather outside isn't quite so bright, the perfect solution has to be a Skittles manicure. It's easy  Just paint all your nails a different colour, then sit back and be blinded by the clashing colours. You can go for rainbow brights, like me, or try out more subtle pastels.


Aren't they pretty?

From left - right: Rimmel London 825 Sky High, Essence 39 Lime Up!, Claire's Accessories Yellow, Maybelline MNY My Varnish 341, Leighton Denny Plush Pink.
I painted my nails with a white polish first, to make the colours a little brighter.

You can use whatever colours & nail polishes you want to recreate this look, or something similar.

What do you think of the Skittles manicure? Too fussy, or something you'd wear?

Chloe x

10 comments:

  1. That's too cute! And less calories than actual Skittles ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Exactly, though if you wanted to follow exact Skittles colours, you could buy a bag or two (for research!)

      Delete
  2. I haven't really done one yet but I love the idea. They look so bright!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first go at it, I'm sorta tempted to try a matte topcoat but I'm afraid it might make them a bit dull!

      Delete
  3. Love Skittles! And you nailed all the colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, I haven't had any in so long! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. This is so lovely and cheerful! I'd actually love to try this out,must have a go. Am thinking about trying pastels as well as I've bought so many in the past couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CeeCee! I think once it starts to wear off I'm going to try out a pastel version, can't wait to see it!

      Delete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...