1/25/2013

Cocoa Brown Tan

Cocoa Brown Tan is the latest product to be covered in hype on Irish bloggers. EVERYONE seemed to be in love with the tan developed by Marissa Carter raving about the quick development, and lack of 'tan smell'. Add in that it can be washed off after an hour, and there was an instant buzz around this tan.  Normally, I don't really get excited by new tans - One layer of a gradual tan will give me a slight glow, and I like to throw it on before I go to bed, so I don't worry about developing time.

But, I like to try out Irish products, and I figured if I didn't like it, €7.99 wasn't the worst money to throw down the drain. Plus (being the shallow, shallow girl that I am), I thought it'd look good on my desk. It's bright pink and slots in nicely with my other products. But how did it actually perform?


Quite simply, the other reviews I'd read were very, very right. The mousse formula is easy to apply with a mitt, and a little goes a long way. You can also see it as you apply it so no fear of missing out on patches! It dried into my skin pretty much instantly, but you have time to blend it in, don't worry! I left it on for about two hours, because I wanted more than a light glow, but being too dark doesn't suit me. A quick shower, and I hit the hay, ready to check the development out in the morning.

Initially? I didn't think I looked that tanned. Then, I compared my skin to my 'before' pictures, and realised that the colour was just so natural & non-streaky that it looked perfect! (I feel like I'm rolling out cliches, but I'm just very impressed.)

Before; After

My skin looks a lot more even, and has a lovely brown colour. It didn't cover up the bruise on my shin, but it didn't claim it would. The tan lasted four days, fading evenly until I scrubbed it all off to get ready for another application. I wouldn't say it was my favourite smell, but it wasn't at all biscuity, plus I could up with a tan-smell for the two hours! I'll have a post up soon about a night out, with more pictures of the tan in action.

So, to sum up; I LOVE THIS. It's a gorgeous colour, lasts beautifully and won't break the bank (student discount got it for €7.20 - Every little helps). You can check out the website or tweet @CocoaBrownTan with any questions.

Have you tried Cocoa Brown tan? What's  your favourite tan?


Chloe x

13 comments:

  1. biscuity? :P Brilliant review! I can't believe the difference it made. So natural and flawless. Well worth less than €8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always paranoid that tan smells like digestive biscuits haha! I've gotten a few applications out of it too, will definitely be repurchasing!

      Delete
  2. OMG Chloe you have just sold this to me, it looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cólleen it's amazing, definitely recommend it!

      Delete
  3. hey Chloe where did you get this? I WANT IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma, I got it in a pharmay in Dublin but it's in Sam McCauley's, etc! You can check where's closest to you on the website under stockists :)

      Delete
  4. I agree, you smelled really nice. As you know I'm not very experienced with fake tan but I'm defo aware of that biscuit smell and it's yucky :( But you smelled delightful. Um, I mean that in a non-creepy way ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that means a lot! I believe the tan contributed to the 'really girly smell' in your room..

      Delete
    2. And the 'coconut oil' as the taxi driver so astutely pointed out...

      Delete
  5. that looks like such a natural tan! great review

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, RT brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for such a lovely review Chloe. It's a very strange but wonderful feeling reading what people think of my product! M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Marissa, thank you for reading it! I actually forgot to add in that I can't believe how long it lasts - I got a good few full applications out of one can! Xx

      Delete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...