4/14/2013

Sunday Samples!

So, a new series of posts. Sunday Samples pretty much involves me trying out a sample size product, reviewing it & deciding whether I'd buy the full size!

First up, Clinique High Impact Mascara. I got a 1.99g sample size of this in Glamour magazine (costs €3.01). A full size is 8g & is €19.50 in Debenhams. So if you love this, it's cheaper to buy a few samples if they're in a magazine!

Standard packaging & bristle brush

The sample packaging is just a mini size of the full-size, & it's just a dark green, sparkly tube with silver writing. The writing has started to wear off a little bit, but it doesn't bother me!

Bare lashes - One coat - Two coats
Clinique say that this mascara is to add volume to lashes & it definitely succeeds! There's not much improvement in length, but it gives an instant bit of volume without clumps! It also lasts all day and while it's not waterproof, it doesn't run easily. One thing I find it works well for is blending eyelashes with your fake eyelashes, if you use them.

No mascara compared to two coats

Would I buy it again? Not anytime soon, because I have so many mascaras to get through, but I will definitely consider it. Especially for going out, I've used High Impact with a lengthening mascara on the tips & I love the effect!

Have you tried High Impact?

Chloe x

14 comments:

  1. Lovely the series idea, the mascara looks like it worked really well!

    Zara
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Only writing this review made me realise how often I use it! x

      Delete
  2. I love the look of this mascara. I always miss out on the good magazine samples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy Glamour anyway, but they do have nice samples a lot! I want to pick up Marie Claire for the Ciate polish :)

      Delete
  3. Nice mascara!!! thank you so much for your visit!
    I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
    Have a nice sunday! and my like in bloglovin for you too!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a post! I'm always interested in what people think of samples, the mascara looks fab on x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I decided it was time I used samples & actually worked out whether I wanted the full-size :) x

      Delete
  5. Thank you sooo much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really dramatic difference! I've never tried Clinique mascaras, usually I go with highstreet brands because I hate paying a lot for something that's only going to last a few months. I love higher end blushes and things instead because they last ages lol. Would you say this was better than standard highstreet mascaras? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Clinique mascaras aren't too much more expensive than a lot of high street brands, so it depends what mascaras you go for normally! I have loads of mascaras from different brands & I suppose I use different ones depending on what I want, but I find some higher end ones just last longer! :) x

      Delete
  7. I had a similar Clinique mascara but it recently went gloopy, loved it though! I'm now using a Benefit one but would definitely buy Clinique again.
    Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably the benefit of samples - You can use them quickly before they go off! I do love Benefit as well though x

      Delete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...