2/03/2014

Maybelline Colour Sensational Vivid Lipstick in Vibrant Mandarin

Today, you can check me out over on CherrySue Doin' The Do, talking about Maybelline's Big Eyes Mascara. I can't say I loved it, so to counteract that, I decided I should post about a new Maybelline lipstick that I picked up. (That's a lie - I picked up two shades..I can just never say no!)


The Boots website says "Color Sensational Lipcolor hydrates lips whilst delivering bright, rich, pigment- saturated coverage." The packaging is attractive, it's a plastic lid that corresponds with the lipstick colour, and it's squared off, while the base is silver. And shiny. While I like sleek black tubes, etc, they get a bit boring & these are much more attractive in my lovely new make up holders.


So Vibrant Mandarin sounds orange, but to me it's more of an orange toned red. Seeing as orange lipstick scares me, it's a good way to start dipping my toes in the water! It is a beautiful shade, & lives up to its name, coz this is vibrant with a capital V.



On the lips (as opposed to anywhere else you'd put your lipstick), it's smooth & incredibly pigmented. One coat gives full opacity, but because it's so smooth & slightly glossy, it's a terror for bleeding & smudging. I rubbed a spot near my mouth & had beautifully stained fingers to match the smudge down my chin. Similarly, as with any glossy lipstick, it will start to fade quicker than a matte - Though I found it didn't seem to transfer to my glass, so a bonus point for that. 


I really like this release from Maybelline - I go weak at the knees for bright lips, but it's nice to get one that a) isn't matte & b) doesn't highlight every dry patch. I haven't found the purple shades but when I do, they will be mine! Until then, I'll wear Vibrant Mandarin & see if I can work up the courage to try Electric Orange.  Colour Sensational Vivid Lipsticks cost €9.99, which I'm happy to pay & are available widely!

Have you picked up any of this range? What do you think of orange lips?

Chloe xx

21 comments:

  1. Ooh very pretty!! I love orange lipsticks - you should def get one. Catrice has a good/cheap one if you wanted to try that instead of the maybelline...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing as I seem to live at the Catrice stands these days, I don't know why I haven't seen it already! Thanks Sarah, will have a look :) x

      Delete
  2. Oooo purple, that's one shade I'd be petrified to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like purple! I don't know why purple seems more wearable than orange to me haha!

      Delete
  3. This colour is really gorgeous on your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that colour is amazing on you! I love orange lipstick but I generally have to wear a more red toned one like this to be able to pull it off. Would be really interested to see the purple one too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe! I've never tried it, but I like the orange red. I haven't seen the purple in any shops yet, just this & the coral one but keeping my eyes open! x

      Delete
  5. orange is a huge trend for spring. I have a kate moss and wet n wild one, but they both transfer so the fact this one didn't for you, and looks fab with pale skin, I think I'll have to get this one too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't realise there was a Kate Moss one! Can't wait to try out Wet & Wild, I'll be running for Dunnes! Haha you may as well, it's completely different to an actual orange lipstick... ;)

      Delete
  6. When I saw the name I though of a bright orange lipstick too, like you said! But that orange-red colour is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot more red than orange! But I won't complain :)

      Delete
  7. That colour is lovely on you! I'm yet to try an orange lipstick but I'm slightly afraid it will clash with my ginger hair.... :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m seeing bright lips everywhere! Hate when lipsticks transfer easily, I often find that with Rimmel lipsticks. Your skin looks so beautiful here btw! (and the lip colour!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it!
    Great blog, I'm a New follower on bloglovin and GFC, would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm deathly afraid of orange toned red as I have a huge complex about my teeth but I may just have to try this out because it looks beautiful!!

    http://red-lips-red-hair.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This shade is really pretty. I love the Color Sensational lipsticks from Maybelline, I have some in bright colours and dark. They are amaze

    Bec Boop

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's exactly my kinda colour Chloe - looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colour! You really suit it :)

    Yasmeen x
    http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Maybelline's lipsticks. I bought my first one last summer - Shocking coral and it's absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Don't by shy - comments make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...